Monday 21 January 2013

Into views


Another rollicking Alan Moore interview:
On becoming a magician:
About ten years ago now, in 1993, when I turned 40, I suddenly decided to announce that I’d become a magician, just for a bit of a laugh really. But everyone took me seriously, so then I had to actually do some magic.
On the illustrations for the new edition of Voice of the Fire:
One of the big advantages - and probably why I really agreed to it - is that I’m the writer of the last chapter, so he had to take a glamorous-looking picture of me. I think my extraordinary physical beauty really does deserve a full-page picture, instead of one of those little panels on the back cover. I’m looking forward to that. I still don’t know if anyone will be able to make heads or tails of the novel itself, but when they find the text incomprehensible, they can always sit and stare at the pictures for an hour or two.
On the usual rumours (including the one that he is a recluse):
I don’t venture far outside. I mean, even the other end of the living room is a bit of a mystery to me.
Has it occurred to anyone yet that Alan Moore has given up comics in order to spend more time with his interviews?

No comments:

Post a Comment